Search underway for a Plant Manager. Our client is a leading manufacturer of Tungsten Carbide products known for their superior wear and corrosion resistance, as well as improved diamond coating adhesion. The company utilizes a diverse range of forming processes, including mechanical pressing, extrusion, injection molding, wet and dry bag isostatic pressing. Downstream processes involve dewaxing/sinter furnaces, high-pressure Hot Isostatic Presses, and multiple grinding cells. They are committed to delivering high-quality carbide products and pushing the boundaries of innovation in the industry.
We are seeking a highly experienced and hands-on Plant Manager to lead their manufacturing operations. The Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing their Tungsten Carbide manufacturing processes, with a strong focus on equipment and process familiarity, as well as a background in Autocad and SolidWorks. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in the Tungsten Carbide industry and a mechanical engineering background.
- Manage and lead all aspects of the manufacturing plant, including production, quality control, and safety.
- Utilize your extensive knowledge of equipment and processes related to Tungsten Carbide manufacturing, including vacuum sintering and HIP.
- Drive process improvements and efficiency enhancements to optimize production output.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to achieve high-temperature and high-pressure standards.
- Monitor and manage production schedules to meet customer demands.
- Oversee inventory control and materials management to minimize waste and maximize cost-efficiency.
- Implement Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing principles where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and maintain a culture of safety within the plant.
- Lead and manage a team of skilled professionals, leveraging your supervisory experience.
- Utilize your Autocad and SolidWorks familiarity for equipment design and improvements.
- Implement AS/ISO 9000 standards for quality management.
- 10+ years of Manufacturing experience in the Tungsten Carbide Industry.
- Familiarity with vacuum sinter and HIP equipment and processes is crucial.
- Knowledge of other equipment and processes, including powder manufacture, Isostatic and mechanical pressing, MIM, extrusion, and centerless grinding, is highly beneficial.
- Background in Autocad with SolidWorks familiarity is a major asset for this position.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Mechanical Engineering background is strongly preferred. Equipment maintenance experience is a significant advantage.
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- AS/ISO 9000 experience would be beneficial.
Salary and Bonus:
- Salary Range: $90,000 – $150,000 annually.
- Bonus: A performance-based bonus of $25,000 will be paid after the plant attains a consecutive three-month break-even period.