Director of Manufacturing
Join an industry-leading organization at the forefront of the CNC Machine Tool and Cutting Tool industry. Our client is renowned for its cutting-edge products, firmly established in the chip-making market. We are seeking a visionary Director of Manufacturing to lead and elevate our client’s production operations to greater heights of efficiency, innovation, and excellence.
As the Manufacturing Director, you will spearhead and oversee the production activities of our esteemed organization. Reporting directly to the Vice President Operations, you will manage and optimize manufacturing processes across multiple key functions including Mill, Finishing (grinding), Forming, Furnace, and Machining. Your role will encompass strategic planning, team leadership, operational optimization, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
This is a full-time career position with a growing company with documented business success and a vibrant business plan and vision for the future.
- Lead a team of 7 direct reports and a total team of 37, ensuring effective coordination and performance management across departments.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to enhance manufacturing efficiency, productivity, and quality assurance.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize processes, reduce waste, and increase overall operational effectiveness.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain to ensure seamless production workflows.
- Oversee budgetary planning, resource allocation, and cost management to meet production goals and financial targets.
- Champion a culture of safety, quality, and operational excellence within the manufacturing environment.
- Foster talent development, mentorship, and succession planning within the manufacturing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations Management, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing leadership roles within the machine tool or related industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in powdered metal or tungsten carbide preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and optimizing multi-function manufacturing operations.
- Strong leadership abilities with demonstrated experience in leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Proficiency in implementing lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma methodologies, and continuous improvement practices.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams and levels within the organization.
- Strategic mindset with a focus on innovation, problem-solving, and driving operational excellence.