We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as a Lithium-Ion Battery Project Manager. In this critical role, you will be responsible for leading the establishment and setup of a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility. You will oversee all aspects of the plant setup process, ensuring efficient operations, adherence to safety protocols, and successful production launch.
- Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop a comprehensive project plan for the setup of the lithium-ion battery plant, including timelines, resource allocation, and budget management.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and quality assurance, to ensure successful execution of the project plan.
- Monitor progress, identify potential risks, and implement mitigation strategies to keep the project on track.
- Facility Design and Layout:
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to develop an optimal facility layout, considering production flow, equipment placement, safety standards, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure efficient utilization of space, equipment, and utilities, optimizing workflow and minimizing waste.
- Identify and recommend necessary infrastructure upgrades or modifications to support the plant’s operation.
- Equipment and Technology Selection:
- Research, evaluate, and select appropriate equipment, machinery, and technology required for lithium-ion battery production.
- Manage the procurement process, including vendor selection, negotiation, and contract management.
- Collaborate with equipment suppliers and contractors to ensure timely delivery, installation, and commissioning of machinery.
- Process Development and Optimization:
- Define and establish manufacturing processes and procedures for lithium-ion battery production, in accordance with industry standards and quality requirements.
- Continuously assess and optimize manufacturing processes to improve efficiency, yield, and product quality.
- Implement appropriate quality control measures and testing protocols to ensure compliance with specifications and regulatory standards.
- Regulatory Compliance and Safety:
- Stay updated on relevant regulations, codes, and standards related to lithium-ion battery manufacturing and ensure full compliance.
- Develop and implement robust safety protocols and procedures to safeguard employees, equipment, and the environment.
- Conduct regular safety audits and risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential hazards.
- Team Leadership and Training:
- Build and lead a team of professionals responsible for plant setup, including engineers, technicians, and operators.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration within the team and across departments to drive successful project outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in setting up and commissioning lithium-ion battery manufacturing facilities.
- Strong knowledge of battery manufacturing processes, equipment, and quality control.
- Familiarity with relevant safety and regulatory standards in the battery industry.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, organizing, and monitoring.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Joining our client’s team as a Lithium-Ion Battery Project Manager provides an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the growth of a cutting-edge industry. If you are a driven professional with a passion for innovation and have the expertise to lead the setup of a lithium-ion battery plant, we would love to hear from you.