Davalyn corporation has been retained to fill a Production Supervisor position.
Our client is an internationally recognized producer of leading-edge industrial products to the metals industries.
This is a full-time permanent assignment.
- Will be the primary resource for all plant functions in their assigned area of responsibility
- Directly manages hourly employees and interacts with support personnel to assure that all established key performance metrics are achieved
- Must understand and be involved in scheduling and ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed
- Responsible for interacting with Raw Materials, Inventory and Production Control, Packaging, Shipping, and Plant Management
- Conduct daily safety talks, reporting on production data, and driving shift safety improvement
- Coordinate with staff and others production members regarding die changes, inventory, daily production (press efficiencies), and inventory and quality
- Implement cost reductions
- Ensure proper operation of equipment
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action
- Maintain a working relationship with Union
- Assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities
- Troubleshoot daily production issues and provide solutions
- Bachelors Degree, preferred
- Previous experience with refractory/refractories and/or ceramics is a plus
- Product experience desired: Powder metals, Metal fabrication/sheet metal fabrication, Ceramics, or Steel
- Experience with Business Management software (QAD, MRP, SAP)
- Microsoft knowledge; outlook, word, excel
This position provides direct supervision to Hourly Employees (2-60 employees).
Travel required to various facilities in the company may be expected, travel anticipated is less than 10%.
Our client offers a base salary in the $70,000 to $95,000 range plus bonus.
All corporate benefits are included.