Davalyn Corporation has been retained to fill a Project Manager position in the steel industry. Our client is a nationally recognized participant in the steel processing industry. This is a high growth opportunity to join a company that is forecasting double digit in the next few years.
The company requires the following in a qualified candidate:
- Monitor and control project team members through administrative direction of on-site employees, consultants, contractors to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Prepare technical information regarding site design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction time
- Consult with customer, as required, to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure, expansion or renovation
- Develop and document a project plan defining the what/who/when steps from concept through successful launch of a new site, site expansion or site restructuring
- Lead regularly scheduled project team meetings to review, update and publish the project plan based on project requirements for quality, cost, timing and support of ongoing operations productivity once the new site/expansion/restructuring is complete
- Publish executive status reports on a regular basis to provide insight to (a) progress against key milestones and (b) potential project risks and countermeasures
- Oversee requisitioning of supplies and materials to complete the project in accordance with company level of authority policies
- Investigate potentially safety and/or environmental risks and ensure implementation of corrective measures
- Work with the commercial contracts team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer
Our client offers a base compensation in the $115,000-$130,000 range. A fifteen per cent bonus is offered in addition to full corporate benefits.