Davalyn corporation has been retained to fill a New Jersey-based Vice President of Human Resources position for one of our best long-term clients.
The HR VP is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
The Human Resources Vice President will be responsible for building a human resources team that will as its primary responsibility build a culture that reviews performance and development.
The ideal candidate will have a huge impact on our clients organization, including organizational development, employee relations, employee engagement and satisfaction, performance management, and compensation analysis.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Will have responsibility for all hourly and salaried personnel
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- Engage and influence senior management to support and implement HR initiatives across the organization
- Oversee data entry and maintenance of employee records
- Plan employee benefit, payroll, health and safety programs
- Defend the organization from inquiries by Unions and Lawyers
- Effectively structure benefits programs to attract and to retain top talent
- Work with technical team to design, integrate and implement human resource software systems for better efficiency
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events
- Will have experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- In-depth knowledge about local and international Human Resource Processes, employment legislation, and legal regulations
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of HR management, experience with HR tools and recruiting software
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR) will be an advantage
- Expert in state, federal and international employments regulations
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred